Hospitality Protocols for ALT MainStage
- ALT will assign specific seats as usual based on Patron requests. We will monitor reserved seating for each performance daily and we will block seats as needed to ensure adequate social distancing for our patrons. If you order online, you will notice that specific seats will be “unavailable.”
- Effective immediately, we will require that all reserved tickets be picked up from our box office prior to the performance, during regular box office hours.
- Exciting and new for this season, ALT patrons may print ALT tickets at home. For more information, contact the ALT Box Office.
Please note that we will also mail tickets as necessary to patrons visiting from out of town as well as for patrons with disabilities.
- We will not open the building an hour in advance of showtimes as we have previously done. Rather, we will plan to open the lobby and the auditorium at half hour…….30 minutes before curtain.
- Patrons will enter the ALT Mainstage through specific doors depending on their assigned seat locations. This will work as follows:
- Entrance 1: Patrons sitting in rows A – G with seat numbers 16 – 31 will enter through the Terk Lobby doors on the north face of the building.
- Entrance 2: Patrons sitting in rows H – O with seat numbers 16 – 31 will be asked to enter through the left double doors on the front of the building. Once inside the building, you will enter the auditorium through the left double doors.
- Entrance 3: Patrons sitting in rows H – O with seat numbers 1 – 15 will be asked to enter through the right double doors on the front of the building. Once inside the building, you will enter the auditorium through the right double doors.
- Entrance 4: Patrons sitting in rows A – G with seat numbers 1 – 15 will enter through the doors on the south face of the building.
Upon entering the building, Patrons will be tested for fever with a no-touch forehead thermometer. We will also scan a barcode on every patron’s tickets that will verify the ticket and seat location. This is a “No Touch” process.
- If we offer concessions, they will be limited to pre-packaged items. At this time, concessions will not be allowed back in the auditorium. This will reduce the tendency to leave masks off after eating or drinking. We will expect patrons to maintain adequate social distancing when ordering or picking up concession items.
- Restrooms will be cleaned and disinfected prior to every performance. This will include professional applications of disinfectant on all surfaces, faucets and door hardware. There are typically long lines at the ladies restrooms. However, as ALT’s total seating will be reduced to half or less, we don’t anticipate this being a major issue. We do expect those patrons in line to exercise social distancing.
- We request that patrons exit the facility through the same doors from which they entered. At this time, there will NOT be a meet and greet with cast members following any of the performances.
- Following every performance, our crew will use special equipment to sanitize and disinfect every seat in the auditorium, every surface in the restrooms and in the lobby areas. This will assure that our next audience will be just as safe as you were.
- We want the ALT theatre experience to be fun and worry-free. We will do everything possible to meet that goal. If you wish to discuss these protocols with us, please feel free to contact us anytime during regular business hours of 10:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Thank you so much for your patience and understanding during this very difficult time.
We look forward to seeing you at the theatre!
Revised – 1/5/2021
Infection Mitigation Coordinator – Dr. Jeffrey Pickens, M.D.